Sourdough Homemade Pizza. You can freeze one or both of them for later. After the dough rises the first time, divide it in half and coat the balls of dough with oil. Next, drop the dough into freezer-proof sealable bags and stick them into the freezer.
To make sourdough pizza crust, you'll need a few pantry ingredients: flour, water, salt, and an active sourdough starter. Any type of sourdough (whether pizza or bread or muffins) is made by first creating a sourdough starter , which is simply a blend of water and flour and wild yeast. When the dough is ready, tip it onto a lightly floured surface and divide into six equal pieces. You can have Sourdough Homemade Pizza using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Homemade Pizza
- It’s 500 g of white wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 3tsp of Yeast.
- You need 6tsp of Olive oil.
- You need of Pepperoni.
- You need of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of White onion.
- You need of Grated mozzarella.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare of Canned tomato.
- It’s of Garlic.
Baking Tips For Sourdough Pizza Crust. While adding all-purpose flour to make a dough, add it slowly in small quantities. Mix the contents together to check if the consistency of the dough is proper before adding more flour. Add more flour, a little at a time, as needed to form a pizza dough consistency.
Sourdough Homemade Pizza instructions
- Making the dough – mix 500g of white flour with the following ingredients. You can mix 350g of white flour and 150g of some "heavier" flour (spelt for example), but if you do, add a bit more of yeast.
- Add to the mix one teaspoon of salt (9 months pregnant), 3 teaspoons of yeast (6 months pregnant) and 6 spoons of olive oil.
- Add 300ml of water.
- Mix with some proper mixer for 10'. Consistency should be smooth, nothing sticks to the bowl. Cover with a towel for 30' at least.
- Warm your oven on advance to stimulate heat – warmest you got, top and bottom heaters.
- Roll the dough on baking paper. This amount should for 3 trays..
- Spread on tray and add, in the following order – Canned tomatoes, a little bit of salt. Oregano..
- Add finely chopped garlic, pepperoni, onion and mushrooms..
- Add mozzarella sliced thin and and grated mozzarella. Goes in the oven for 15' or so.
The amount of flour needed will depend on the hydration level of your sourdough starter (the flour-to-water ratios used when feeding the starter). Mix starter, flour, olive oil, and salt together in a bowl until mixture forms a ball. Update: After years of testing, I've updated this recipe with a few changes to the malt used and salt (reduced both). Don't be alarmed at the switch, and this will make even better pizza! Before we begin, a quick note about building a levain (leaven): I don't actually build a specific levain to make this dough.