Sue's Crock-pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls. Crock Pot Unstuffed Cabbage is all the flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls without all the work of rolling the filling into a cabbage roll. Simply brown the ground beef and put all the ingredients into a crock pot. Slow cook until the cabbage is tender and enjoy a home-cooked comfort meal with out all the work.
Making this dish is very simple, here are the basic steps. Brown and drain your ground beef. Shred or thin cut your cabbage and onions & add to the cooked ground meat. You can have Sue's Crock-pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sue's Crock-pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
- You need 2 lbs of ground hamburger.
- It’s 1 c of onion, choppedbg b.
- Prepare 3-1/2 c of pasta sauce (5 net carbs per serving).
- Prepare 3 c of water.
- Prepare 2 c of cauliflower, riced.
- Prepare 1 of medium head of cabbage, shredded.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Sq da.
Add tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth. Cabbage Roll Casserole is a super easy meal that you can prepare any day of the week. I grew up on cabbage rolls made by my mom and grandma! Recently, I've been making a cabbage roll casserole… so much quicker than rolling up the rolls themselves and equally delicious!
Sue's Crock-pot Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls instructions
- In large skillet, brown hamburger and onion. Drain meat mixture and place in large crock pot (5+ quart)..
- Add sauce, water, cauliflower and cabbage. Mix well. Cook on high until cabbage is tender, about 4-5 hours. Stir occasionally, add water if needed. Season with salt and pepper and serve..
I love cabbage rolls but honestly hate the whole rolling process. This is a good substitute as it has all the same ingredients, just with less work. We are big fans of our Crock Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup (or Instant Pot) and we just love these Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. So when I saw a recipe for "Deconstructed Cabbage Rolls" in one of my favorite low carb slow cooker cookbooks, I decided to adapt it a bit to our tastes and holy cow my family has went nuts over it ever since. This is a lot like my Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup but rather it's more of a hearty meal in a bowl vs. the soup.