Taco pizza. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! Discover Deals on the Pizza You Deserve with Papa Johns®. Simmer a few minutes, then remove from heat.
Get Taco Pizza Recipe from Food Network. Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured. The baked crescent dough is soft, buttery, fluffy, and addicting. You can have Taco pizza using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Taco pizza
- Prepare 2 of tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls.
- It’s 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 cup (8 oz) of sour cream.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning mix.
- It’s 1 of medium tomato, chopped (I used 3-4 Roma tomatoes, can use cherry tomatoes cut in half.).
- Prepare 2 cups of Mexican cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
While tostada shells and taco shells are traditionally used for Taco Tuesday, this Taco Pizza is also a perfect Taco Tuesday dinner idea. Convenient prebaked crust makes this tasty taco pizza as easy as can be. This is a great recipe, especially if you have teenagers. There are two things that make this taco pizza super easy.
Taco pizza step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps..
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool Completely..
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread. Set aside in Refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.) (I did this 1st then let the meat sit in the Refrigerator to cool down).
- Pull the cream cheese mixture out of the Fridge and Spread over crescent roll after it has cooled completely,and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.(I used my hands to put the meat on, started with a spoon and it was just easier with my hands if you don’t mind the mess.).
- You won’t completely cover the cream cheese layer with the ground beef; there’s plenty of other toppings so don’t worry.(I had enough) Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes, then the cheese.
- Notes- If you plan to make Taco Pizza the night before, I recommend waiting until just before serving before adding the lettuce, tomato, and cheese to prevent any sogginess. If taking to a party or cook out, wait and dress it right before serving it. (the cream cheese mixture can be put on and wrapped up, it only takes about 5 mins to top it with everything.) I made this for dinner, and Served it right away..
- Hot sauce added.
First, you can serve it cold – or warm. For most recipes that may sound gross, but trust me, cold taco pizza really works. It's what allows you to make it ahead of time, store it in the fridge, then serve a super delicious, filling dinner your family can gobble up immediately. Taco Pizza is a Mexican meets Italian dinner. Pizza dough topped with beans, salsa, beef, cheese, and all the toppings.