Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza. This whole wheat pizza dough crust is a healthier choice. Then add healthier toppings that just go great with the crust. Use this dough recipe to add to any pizza topping recipe you want.
Get our recipe for Whole-Wheat Pizza with. I doubled the cheese only because that's the way I like pizza. I used bacon instead of pancetta." – njmom. You can cook Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza using 27 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza
- You need Utensils: of .
- It’s of Oven (pre-heated to 450 degrees).
- You need of Chef knife.
- Prepare of Cutting Board.
- Prepare of Rolling pin.
- It’s of 1/4 Cup Liquid Measure.
- Prepare of Food scale (helpful but not a must).
- Prepare of Tablespoon Measure.
- You need of 1 Cup Dry Measure.
- It’s of 1 Large Sauteuse (Saute Pan/ Skillet).
- You need of Wooden Spoon or tongs.
- Prepare of Medium Size Bowl.
- Prepare of Metal Sheet Pan / baking sheet.
- It’s of Aluminum foil (optional, to make clean up easier).
- You need of Large Spatula or Pizza Peel.
- You need Ingredients: of .
- It’s 4 each of whole wheat pizza dough crust (9 inches each).
- You need 1 cup of wheat flour (for rolling out pizza dough).
- It’s 1 each of shallot.
- You need 1 each of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 1/2 lbs of baby spinach.
- It’s 4 each of Roma tomatoes (sliced into 8 slices each).
- Prepare 2 each of large Portobello mushrooms.
- You need 12 oz. of Feta cheese, crumbled.
- Prepare ¼ cup of olive oil.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 Cup of Corn Meal (for cooking, gives an authentic feel and taste).
Touchdown Pizza "If I could incorporate Buffalo chicken into every. Enter this pizza, complete with a whole wheat crust, plenty of spinach and artichokes, a little lighter on the cheese, seasoned with immune boosting lemons and topped with fresh microgreens. Simple little changes, but promise this pizza is beyond delicious. Spinach Pizza with Sun Dried Tomatoes & Feta Cheese is simple and quick to make pizza recipes.
Whole Wheat Pizza: Portobello, Spinach and Feta Cheese Pizza instructions
- Prep all the ingredients; Mince (fine dice) Shallots and Garlic, Chop baby spinach, Slice Roma Tomatoes (sliced into 8 slices each), Slice Mushrooms.
- Heat on the stove the large sauteuse.
- Then add 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Then add all the shallots and garlics, Sauté / sweat for 1 minute.
- Next add the sliced Portobello mushrooms, sauté for another 3 minutes (careful not to brown the garlic).
- Then add the chopped spinach (stirring), sauté until lightly wilted (about 10 seconds).
- Empty Pan into bowl to cool down.
- Roll out the 4 pizza dough crusts to 4 each 9 inch discs..
- Place Aluminum Foil in sheet pan to cover.
- Place Pizza dough on pan (2 per pan should fit).
- (optional) Dust under dough with corn meal (to prevent sticking) by lifting a corner of the dough and lightly toss a small amount of corn meal under dough. Prevents sticking and gives an authentic texture to the bottom of the dough..
- Top each pizza with equal amounts of the spinach/ mushroom mix..
- Arrange 8 slices of tomato per pizza..
- Sprinkle 3 ounces of Feta cheese per pizza crust..
- Season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 2 minutes and turn/ rotate pan 180 degrees for even baking.
- Cook time should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on oven..
- Preheat the oven at 450F..
The base of the pizza is made from scratch. It is made of whole wheat which makes the pizza base more healthier. Sun dried tomatoes and spinach makes a great topping on the pizza along with mozzarella cheese and feta cheese. Make these delicious pizzas for your kids birthday party or any. Sauteed some Baby Portobello mushrooms in EVOO.